We are an independent body representing businesses in the Witham and District area that is helping to create a thriving business environment for both new and existing businesses in Witham. We promote the town as a desirable location for business development opportunities and economic prosperity, and aim to provide a regular open forum for the discussion of local business issues.
Through arranging regular business networking meetings with other like-minded business owners and working with other Chambers of Commerce and business organisations, we ensure that local businesses have a voice and that our business interests are represented within Town and District Council Committees.
Aims and objectives
Managed and run by and for local businesses as a powerful voice uniquely positioned at the heart of the local community, the Chamber seeks to support and represent its members and the whole business community at local and regional level.
In consultation with members, the aim of the Chamber is to become the primary representative of business interests within the local district, working in partnership with other like-minded organisations in order to enhance the prosperity of its members and the surrounding region, by:
- Securing recognition of the importance of the business community
- Enabling business people to network and share ideas
- Working with local government and other organisations to achieve change
- Representing members’ concerns and supporting business activity
- Creating and promoting goodwill, friendship and unity amongst our members and other traders within the Town of Witham and its surrounding areas
- Subscribing to and supporting, by way of affiliation or otherwise, organisations having objectives similar to or allied with those of the Chamber and also such local charitable institutions as may be deemed worthy of support in the furtherance of the objectives of the Chamber
- Promoting Witham and the local economy